Making dance inclusive is at the heart of everything we do
Help Your Clients Get Moving
Solutions for Your Company
Dancing for Health CIC continues to develop relationships with health and social care providers with an interest in integrating our programmes into their support services.
• In-person and online delivery available.
• Both our seated dance and partner dance programmes have been part of university research studies, so are backed by academic evidence with proven benefits.
• Our organisation membership offers you access to our online classes so that you can build them into your programme of activities.
• Alternatively you could have your staff become Dancing for Health instructors through our accredited training programme.
Access our award-winning online seated dance programme for your service users
Book a 7 day FREE trial at your organisation
Our online, evidenced based seated dance activity programme is a 2023 Irish
Healthcare Award Winner, with demonstrable benefits to both physical and mental wellbeing, and is specifically suitable for older or disabled people in health and social care settings.
An 8-week study of our online programme demonstrated:
• Reduced anxiety and depression
• Improvements in mental health scores, from 42% to 72%
• Reduced fatigue and shortness of breath
HEALTH IMPROVEMENTS INCLUDE:
• Physical health: strength, mobility, flexibility, andfitness. Strengthens core and upper body. Is good for brain function and co-ordination and has low or no impact on joints. Improves musculoskeletal health and is suitable for those with multiple conditions.
• Mental health: contributes to a sense of community in a home. The dance classes are social and get the clients laughing, singing along with
the tunes. Provides an uplifting activity and builds connections in the group.
• Takes pressure off your staff – Our online seated dance programme offers a safe, easy and cheaper alternative to in-person activities. All sessions can be accessed anytime. Your staff have only to access the pre-recorded videos through our website members’ platform and join in the routines with the residents to encourage engagement. It will save them time in developing their own activity content and enable them to offer a new and fun activity that meets clients’ wellbeing needs.
• Person-centred – The routines can be tailored each time, and participants can choose their favourite ones. They can be used for individual residents who prefer to do activities on their own or delivered within a group setting. Our routines are split into slower tempo and more upbeat tracks. Pick and choose the tracks suitable for your clients. New routines are added regularly.
• Affordable and cost effective – Our single and group packages provide unlimited access to the videos and start from only £29.99 per month. To get you started, we are offering a 7-day free trial of our programme!
Impact on Beneficiaries
• Our classes provide movement and dance activities that help support mental
and physical health.
• Our inclusive activities meet requirements of people with a diverse range of
• We support hard to reach vulnerable clients in our communities, who have
multiple barriers to physical activities.
• Dance is a gentle and a safe way to keep our ageing population active.
• Our classes can be integrated in health, social care and prevention practices
such as social prescribing.
• The long term impact of our classes as a prevention practice could help relieve
the demand on the services of the NHS.